The drug Avapro is an antihypertensive agent, as well as a reliable blocker of angiotensin II receptors.
This drug is taken to reduce the manifestation of the biological effects of angiotensin II, for example, vasoconstrictor action, which stimulates the release of aldosterone, as well as the activation of the sympathetic nervous system.
The drug Avapro is prescribed by a physician for such diseases: Intensive development of essential hypertension.
Symptoms of nephropathy that accompanies arterial hypertension or mellitus diabetes type 2 (during combined therapy is used to achieve an antihypertensive effect).
Tablets should be taken only inwards, swallowed whole and washed down with a large amount of liquid. The initial, as well as subsequent doses are 150 mg daily, regardless of food intake.
It is not recommended to take Avapro in case of:
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Children and adolescence under 18 years.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Insufficient amount of lactase.
- Syndrome of glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
With special care, it is recommended to use patients who have been diagnosed with such disorders and diseases:
- Development of stenosis of mitral or aortic valves.
- Obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Strong dehydration of the body.
- Manifestation of hyponatremia.
- A diet that provides for restrictions on the addition of salt to the diet.
- Treatment with diuretic medicines.
- The emergence of kidney failure.
- Kidney transplantation.
- Passage of hemodialysis.
- Severe hepatic insufficiency.
- One-sided stenosis of the artery of the only working kidney.
- Identification of bilateral stenosis of the arteries of the kidneys.
- Chronic heart failure of III-IV functional class.
- Development of IHD.
- The defeat of the atherosclerotic nature of the blood vessels of the brain.
- Patients who reached the age of 75 years.
During pregnancy and lactation
Avapro is strictly prohibited for women during pregnancy. When it occurs during the course of therapy, the drug should be immediately discontinued. The drug is also contraindicated in the period of breastfeeding.
The manifestation of side effects, as a rule, occurs as follows:
- Sharp headaches.
- Quite often dizziness.
- Various dysfunctions of the central nervous system.
- Development of skin surface hyperemia.
- The appearance of signs of tachycardia.
- Persistent cough.
- Nausea, which is often accompanied by vomiting.
- The appearance of heartburn.
- A sharp distortion of taste.
- Development of hepatitis and other diseases of the digestive system.
- The onset of sexual dysfunction.
- Significant disruption of the kidneys.
- Renal insufficiency.
- Constant feeling of fatigue.
- Pain in the chest.
An increase in the intensity of creatine phosphokinase, which is not accompanied by a variety of manifestations from the disruption of the functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
- The appearance of a rash on the skin.
- Signs of hives.
- Formation of angioedema.
- Development of hyperkalemia.
- The appearance of ringing in the ears.
- Manifestation of arthralgia or myalgia.
- Cramps of different muscle groups.
- Dizziness of orthostatic character.
- Symptoms of orthostatic hypotension.
- Painful sensations not only in the muscle tissues, but also in the bones.
- A sharp increase in blood pressure.
- Chronic kidney failure.
- Pronounced signs of proteinuria.
- Slight decrease in hemoglobin concentration.