One of the manifestations of prostatic hyperplasia is urinary retention, often accompanied by hypertension oscillations. To eliminate such unpleasant symptoms, the doctors prescribe Cardura- the drug that relieves inflammation and normalizes urination. This medicine is safe and effective, but the superficial treatment can’t provide the desired therapeutic effect.
According to its pharmacological properties, this alpha-1 blocker belongs to the anti-hypertensive drugs. Its active component (doxazosin mesylate) improves the indicators of urodynamic and decreases the intensity of symptoms of urinary diseases in men. The active substance of Cardura block alpha-1 adrenoceptors, located in the prostate gland and bladder. The result of treatment remains for several years, and the patient can live a full life during remission.
The drug decreases the blood pressure. To achieve the desired effect, you must take it once a day. You can’t note the positive dynamics immediately. It is accumulating for 24 hours. Doxazosin achieves maximum concentration in blood 6 hours later. The drug dissolves in the liver, and excretes partly through the intestine and via urine. Cardura isn’t addictive, but it significantly improves the blood chemistry and helps you to quickly eliminate bad cholesterol and increase the permeability of vascular walls.
Indications for use
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Urinary retention
- Arterial hypertension
- Comprehensive therapy of prostate adenoma
Way of use
The indicated medicine has single dosage form – the pills for oral intake. Single (and at the same tine) daily dosage of Cardura is 1 pill in the morning or in the evening. It is an initial dosage you must stick to for 1-2 weeks. Later, you can increase the daily dosage to 2 mg, but only considering the doctor’s prescriptions.
The indicated medicine is effective, but mostly used by men (its’ use is irrelevant for women). However, not all the patients are allowed to use this drug. Don’t use Cardura if you suffer from anuria, urolithiasis and hypersensitivity to the synthetic drug components.
- Urinary infections
- Orthostatic disorders and predisposition to them
- Liver failure
- Lactose intolerance
- Children under the age of 18
Side effects and overdose
Due to its systemic action in the body, the doctors don’t exclude the risk of side effects. They affect all the internal organs and systems and require additional correction of dosage or replacement of Cardura with its analog. We are talking about such acquired diseases as:
- Digestive diseases: sickness, dyspepsia, dry mucous membranes, flatulence, hepatitis and jaundice
- CNS: vertigo, migraine attacks, tremor, paresthesia, hypoesthesia
- Cardiovascular system: hypotension, sharp decrease in the blood pressure, blood rush to the skin
- Urinary tract: bed-wetting, frequent urination, haematuria, dysuria
- Metabolism: abrupt body weight loss, tendency to the progressive anorexia
- Respiratory tract: rhinitis, nasal bleeding, apnea, cough, rare bronchospasm attacks
- Skin: local allergic reactions, hemorrhagic rash, swelling and reddening of skin