Coreg is a drug that lowers blood pressure. The active substance of the drug is called Coreg too. It blocks alpha-1, beta-1 and beta-2 adrenergic receptors. Treatment by Coreg leads to the widening of peripheral vessels, reduces the nerve conduction in the heart. The palpitation becomes weaker and less frequent, but there is no excessive slowing of the heart rate. In parallel, there may be some increase in the intestinal peristalsis and an increase in the tone of the bronchi. After taking this drug, its maximum concentration in the blood comes, approximately, in an hour.
Coreg is used in the following cases
- Hypertension arterial;
- Stable angina;
- Cardiovascular failure of the chronic stage.
How to take
- Coreg is used orally, before, on time or after eating. If the patient has heart failure, to improve absorption, it is recommended to take it while eating.
- Cardiovascular decompensated failure
- Bronchopulmonary chronic diseases with obstruction
- bronchial asthma
- Cardiogenic shock
- Atrioventricular block (2-3 degrees)
- Bradycardia – with a reduction frequency of less than 50 beats / min
- Allergic reactions to carvedilol components
- Syndrome of a weak sinus node (sinoauric heart block)
- Angina of Prinzmetal
- Combination with parenteral administration of verapil or diltiazem into the vessels
- Severe hypotension with a systolic pressure less than 85 mm hg. p.
- Peripheral vascular disease; Lactose intolerance, malabsorption of glucose or galactose, lactose deficiency; Pregnancy and lactation
- Peripheral edema;
- Fluid retention;
The organs of the central nervous system:
- Poor sleep;
- Organs of vision:
- Deterioration of vision;
- Decreased tear formation;
- Eye irritation.
Organs of the urinary system:
- Peripheral edema;
- Disturbances in urination;
- Kidney failure.
- Gastrointestinal tract:
- Vomiting, nausea;
- Dry mouth;
- Abdominal pain;
- High level of transaminases.
Organs of the reproductive system:
- Swelling of the genitals;
Heart and blood vessels:
- Peripheral circulation failure;
- Hypotension orthostatic.
- Pain in the extremities.
- Dryness in the nose;
- Shortness of breath in patients with COPD.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue:
- Allergic exanthema;
- Urticaria and itching;
- A reaction that resembles a red flat lichen or psoriasis.
If the dose of Coreg is exceeded, the occurrence can be provoked of:
- Hypotension expressed;
- Heart failure;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Violation of breathing, bronchospasm;
- Shock cardiogenic.
It is necessary to monitor all the vital indicators. The patient with an overdose of the drug should be in the intensive care unit.
Conducting of hemodialysis due to the connection of Coreg with blood proteins is ineffective.