It is an antihypertensive drug that is a very good specific blocker of angiotensin II (type AT1) of receptors. Its action does not inhibit kinase II, which is responsible for the destruction of bradykinin.
In addition, the drug effectively lowers the OPSS, significantly reduces the concentration of nor-epinephrine with aldosteronism in the blood, normalizes the indices of blood pressure, and also the pressure created in the small circle of blood circulation. In addition, the action of the tablets is aimed at reducing the afterload and providing a diuretic effect.
Prevents the development of myocardial hypertrophy, increases exercise tolerance in patients with chronic heart failure.
After a single application of this drug, the maximum hypotensive effect can be observed after about six hours, then during the day the effect of the medicament will gradually decrease. The greatest hypotensive effect can be traced almost a month after the start of the course of treatment.
Indications for use are several fairly serious diseases
Attacks caused by hypertension.
Chronic ischemic heart disease, which in most cases is accompanied by signs of heart failure (usually the drug is used in combination therapy in combination with diuretic medications, as well as various cardiac glycosides).
Proteinuria developing in diabetes type 2 with the goal of protecting the kidneys as a result of slowing the progression of renal failure and a significant decrease in the frequency of hypercreatininemia.
Hypertrophy of the left ventricle (if necessary to reduce the risk of stroke or myocardial infarction, as well as cardiovascular diseases).
Mode of application
Tablets should be taken solely inside regardless of the time of ingestion.
Medication is contraindicated in the following cases:
Cozaar is not recommended if there is:
- Hypersensitivity to its components
- Hepatic failure
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Hereditary lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome
- Age under 18 years (no studies have been conducted)
Caution and increased care of the doctor is required when appointing Cozaar against the background:
- Bilateral stenosis of the renal arteries
- Post-transplantation state after kidney transplantation (no studies were performed)
- Insufficiency of the aortic or mitral valve
- Thickening of the wall of the left ventricle
- Simultaneous presence of cardiac and renal insufficiency
- Heart failure with arrhythmias, which can lead to death
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Primary hyperaldosteronism
When appointing patients with reduced BCC, it is necessary to significantly reduce the dose of the drug in order to prevent the onset of symptomatic hypertension.
Various side effects are manifested:
- Feeling of aching pain in the stomach.
- Increased weakness.
- Fast fatiguability.
- Pain in the chest.
- Formation of large edema.
- Noticeably rapid heartbeat, the development of tachycardia.
- Feeling of constant nausea.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Pain sensations in different parts of the musculoskeletal system.
- Cramps in the muscles of different groups.
- Chronic insomnia.
- Headaches with dizziness.
- Formation of edema of the mucosa of the nasal cavity, the appearance of sinusitis.
- Symptoms of pharyngitis, any infection of the upper respiratory tract.
The most varied manifestations of allergic reactions (vasculitis,Schoenlein-Henoch purpura and many others).
- Violations of the normal functioning of the hepatic.
- The onset of hepatitis.
- The development of anemia.
- Arthralgia or myalgia.
- Signs of rhabdomyolysis.
- Hyperemia of the skin.
- Severe itching; manifestation of urticaria.