Endep is a drug from the group of antidepressants used in the treatment of depression, mixed emotional and phobic disorders.
The drug is presented in tablets for oral reception and solution for intramuscular injection. The active ingredient of the drug is Endep.
Endep has anti-ulcer, sedative and anticholinergic action, thereby providing analgesic effects and accelerates the healing process of ulcers. Endep increases the ability of the bladder to stretching, increases the tone of sphincter. It makes possible to use medication in the treatment of bed wetting. On the background of general anesthesia Endep can reduce body temperature and blood pressure.
Antidepressant effect of medicines develops over the 14-21 days after the start of use.
The excretion of the active component is carry out by kidneys. The period of complete excretion is within 1-2 weeks. The substance can penetrate through the placenta and is released into breast milk.
Indications for use
- depression of different origin;
- anxiety-depressive states;
- emotional disorders associated with impaired behavior;
- the drug is used in pediatrics for treatment of enuresis;
- complex therapy of bulimia neuroses and psychogenic anorexia;
- neurogenic pain of a chronic nature.
Endep can also be used to prevent migraine attacks.
Endep is contraindicated in the case of such states:
- heart failure (decompensated);
- acute myocardial infarction and rehabilitation period after such status;
- violations conductivity of cardiac muscles;
- individual intolerance to the active substance;
- severe high blood pressure;
- severe violations of liver functions and urinary system;
- exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- the drug is not used in the treatment of pregnant and lactating women and patients under the age of 6 years.
The drug is contraindicated in case of concurrent use with MAO inhibitors, to patients with atonic bladder, intestinal obstruction and prostatic hypertrophy.
The drug is used with extreme caution in the treatment of people who suffered alcoholism, bronchial asthma, a tendency to manic-depressive psychosis, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism, angina, heart failure, angle-closure glaucoma, intra-ocular hypertension, schizophrenia in anamnesis.
On the background of the use of Endep it increases the risk of developing disorders of the digestive, endocrine and cardiovascular system and central nervous system: headache, fatigue, cardiac arrhythmias, nausea, vomiting. It is also possible to develop allergic manifestations in case of long-term treatment of hair may fall out and gain weight.
If the patient took the drug for a long time and abruptly abolished its use, it may develop a withdrawal syndrome in the form of vomiting, bowel disorders, headache, irritability, sleep disorders.
Endep should be taken inside, during or after a meal. The exact start and daily dose is determined by the physician according to the evidence for the reception, its effectiveness and its portability. The maximum dose is recommended to use before bedtime.
In severe cases, therapy is initiated with intramuscular administration of the drug with a gradual transition to taking the pills.
When persistent antidepressant effect is achieved, the dose is gradually decreased in 15-30 days. If in the background of reducing the dosage, the symptoms of depression resume, you should return to previous effective dose.
The use of Endep in the treatment of patients of older age groups must be under the constant supervision of a physician. It is recommended to use the minimum effective dose.