Indications for use
Lanoxin is used for the treatment of various cardiovascular diseases, including congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. The drug enhances blood circulation and beneficial effect on the heart, reduces inflammation, swelling and other common symptoms of congestive heart failure.
This drug belongs to the type digitalis glycosides and is often prescribed in conjunction with diuretics to reduce fluid retention, puffiness and improve blood circulation.
Method of reception and doses
You should always follow the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Usually, the patients are prescribed one tablet of Lanoxin per day on an empty stomach. In case of nausea, after taking another dose a patient is recommended to eat before taking the medication. In order to achieve the most optimal results, the drug should be taken at the same time each day. It is recommended to see your doctor regularly during treatment to monitor the patient’s condition and adjust the dose.
Possible side effects when taking Lanoxin include:
- abdominal pain;
- change of appetite;
- blurred vision;
- increased sensitivity of the breast;
- changes heart rhythm;
You should not eat food rich in fiber, or bran, as substances that they contain can disrupt Lanoxin.
Special instructions and precautions
1. If you experience an allergic reaction or hypersensitivity reactions, you must seek medical help.
2. Possible symptoms of such reactions include: difficulty in breathing, difficulty in swallowing, swelling, feeling of chest tightness, skin rashes and urticaria.
3. This drug should be used only in accordance with the directions and assignments of a physician or pharmacist. It is not recommended to change the dosage without a doctor or pharmacist.
4. Dosage and usage often depend on the severity of the disease, as well as on the previously transferred diseases and current health status of the patient.
5. Before taking this drug you must inform the doctor about:
- pregnancy or breast-feeding;
- whether you have any allergies;
- the presence of any other diseases, disorders or abnormalities;
- the intake of any other medications or drugs;
- the intake of any vitamins or supplements.