Lortab is a drug, which represents the combination of two anesthetics (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen). It is a pain killer used for the treatment of moderate and acute pain.
Avoid taking Lortab if you suffer from any liver, stomach, bowel or kidney disorders, increased blood pressure, sleeping or breathing problems and alcohol or drug addiction.
- Don’t take Lortab in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Don’t use the drug if you’re allergic to any ingredient of Lortab.
- Taking Lortab can cause weight loss. In case of overdose, the medicine can cause addition.
- In case you used MAO inhibitor, wait a few days before taking Lortab.
- As combining Lortab with other drug can lead to drug interactions, try to find out everything about the interactions of this drug.
- Don’t mix this drug with alcoholic beverages.
- Consult your doctor before starting to take this medicine.
Dosage and administration
The average dosage of Lortab is 300 mg for every 6 hours. However, it can vary depending on your weight, age, health conditions, level of tolerance and reaction to drug.
- Usual dosage for weight loss is 300 mg a day. Anyway, you must follow the doctor’s recommendations.
- Don’t increase or reduce the drug dosage without consulting the doctor.
- Overdose may lead to liver disorder or even death. Therefore, you should take the treatment very carefully.
- Even the patients taking average dosages can get addicted to this drug.
- Don’t withdraw the drug abruptly after using it for a long period. Slowly reduce the dosage before stopping the treatment.
- If you take Lortab in liquid, measure your dosage very carefully with a special spoon.
Even though very efficient in relieving pain, the drug has some adverse effects, such as: shortness of breath, rash, face swelling, muscle cramps, sweating, itching, weakness, hemorrhage, loss of consciousness, etc.