Mircette is an oral contraceptive. The drug produces synthetic hormones – ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone. All tablets of Mircette contain the same number of active components, which makes this drug monophasic. Mircette serves not only to prevent pregnancy but also normalizes the menstrual cycle: adjusting duration, reducing the intensity of premenstrual syndrome, bleeding become less long and abundant, which normalizes the concentration of hemoglobin in the blood of the patient. However, the main effect of this drug is achieved through three aspects
- Ovulation is inhibited
- The cervix is sealed with a viscous mucus
- Endometrium is not prepared for implementation of fertilized egg
Mircette is applied for
- Normalization of reproductive system of women (with menstrual irregularities, severe premenstrual syndrome and so on)
Mircette is released in the form of pill. Despite the fact that it’s a monophasic contraceptive, the pills should be taken according to the order that is indicated on the package. This is done in order to make woman notice whether she has missed a previous pill. The instruction of the drug reports about its use in different situations, for example when switching from other hormonal birth control pills or after birth. But this is only introductory information. In each case, it is necessary to consult a doctor who recommends you to take this contraceptive. General principles of use of hormonal contraceptives are
Twenty one-day courses interspersed by weekly intervals. During this week, menstrual bleeding usually starts;
It doesn’t matter whether the month cycle was started or ended; you need to start using a new package of pills after the seven day break;
The tablets should be taken daily, without missing, at the same time. If you missed the daily intake of the contraceptive – it might reduce the effectiveness of the course and you would need to use extra protection.
Contraindications of Mircette
- Vascular diseases – thrombosis, thromboembolism and so on
- Diabetes, occurring with vascular pathologies
- Other cardiovascular disease, including hypertension
- Smoking at the age over thirty-five years
- Severe abnormalities of the kidneys, liver and pancreas
- Cancer tumors that are sensitive to hormones
- Not menstrual bleeding, the cause of which has not been established
- Pregnancy and lactation
Side effects and overdose
Prevention of pregnancy using this medicine may affect the health of the patient. Most often women suffer from abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea. Some people have headaches. Mammary glands can swell up, they become painful. Often patients who take hormonal contraceptives, have decreased mood, libido. During the first months of use of Mircette an intermediate bleeding can happen.
If you take few pills of Mircette, it can cause such symptoms as vomiting, dyspepsia, spotting or uterine bleeding. Treatment is symptomatic, since special antidote antidote does not exist.