Naprosyn is an nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. That is, it relieves pain, heat and inflammation. This is achieved by reducing the production of substances (arachidic acid and prostaglandin) that causes inflammatory reactions. On the one hand, such reactions are intended to protect the health of the whole body by destroying the disease-causing agents (for example, bacteria) in one organ. However, they often make the person suffer, as they worsen the general condition. Therefore, anti-inflammatory medications are so important in medicine.
The drug is used for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Pains in the joint, for example, in osteoarthritis, spondylitis, gout, etc.
- Muscle pains, caused by traumas
- Pains, caused by the disorder of reproductive system in women, for example, in adnexitis, algodysmennorhea
- Diseases of ENT-organs
The duration of treatment course usually doesn’t exceed two weeks. The anti-inflammatory effect starts to appear at the end of the first week. The pains pass earlier.
The drug mostly impacts the digestive system. You can have sickness, pains, perforation of ulcer, etc. The reactions of nervous system can include: headache, numbness and drowsiness, blood disorder, aggravation of kidney diseases, allergic reactions of different severity.
- So-called “Aspirin-induced asthma”, when NSAIDs cause allergic attacks
- Digestive system disorder, caused by erosions and mucosal ulceration
- Blood disorders, caused by clotting disturbances
- Expressed liver or kidney dysfunctions
- Children under 1 year
- Take the drug with caution during pregnancy and lactation, as this substance gets through placenta and releases with the breast milk)
The drug must be taken with caution during pregnancy (especially in the I and III trimesters) and lactation, liver and kidney disorders, digestive disorders in history, dyspeptic symptoms in the moment of prescription, arterial hypertension, heart failure and right after the serious surgical interventions. During the treatment, the patient requires systematic control of liver and kidney function and peripheral blood picture. The use of Naprosyn can reduce the diuretic effect of furosemide and increase the effect of indirect anticoagulants. Antacids that contain magnesium and aluminium, reduce the absorption of Naprosyn. If you need to determine the concentrations of 17- ketosteroids, stop taking Naprosyn 48 hours before the survey.
The numerous feedbacks demonstrate the presence of positive effect in the first days after the beginning of treatment. During the use of this medicine, you must consider the existing contraindications. Naprosyn is contraindicated to the patients with: stomach and duodenal ulcer, bronchospasm; pregnancy and lactating women and children under 3 years.