Trental is vasodilatory drug, which can not only improve blood circulation but also restore its fluidity.
This medicine improves blood circulation in the area where there are disturbances of the circulation.
The active ingredient of the drug affects the deformed erythrocytes, contributing to the inhibition of platelet aggregation.
This process occurs in conjunction with the expansion of coronary vessels.
Trental is prescribed only by a physician after conducting the diagnostic procedures. It is important to calculate the dosage of the medication and to exclude the presence of possible contraindications. Qualified treatment allows restoring blood flow to the brain.
Trental improves blood circulation and angioprotective action.
System reception of the drug can improve rheology of blood. As a result of these processes it is observed the saturation of the soft tissues of the body with oxygen.
Absolute indications for use of the drug:
- encephalopathy and ischemic stroke;
- various circulatory disorders;
- gangrene, trophic ulcers and frostbite;
- damage of blood vessels and retina of the eye;
- a metabolic process in the region of the inner ear;
- respiratory illness;
- vascular impotence.
Special recommendations for use:
- In case of reduced blood pressure and violation of renal function patients are prescribed low dose of Trental that may be increased.
- Intravenous injections are performed in special cases: 5 ml of the drug.
- In case of liver failure the dosage of the drug is made individually.
- In case of severe forms of heart rhythm disorders a patient requires careful monitoring.
- In case of severe coronary artery disease and stenosis of the brain the treatment begins with small doses that may be increased.
In case of a high-speed intravenous injection or by drinking large doses of Trental there is a greater likelihood of developing of the following side effects:
- Violation of the nervous system, accompanied by headache, convulsions, dizziness and irritability.
- Allergic manifestations on the skin in the form of edema, flushing and flushing.
- Failure of the digestive system, which is characterized by intestinal atony, xerostomia and the development of anorexia.
- Violation of the cardiovascular system, which manifests itself in cardialgia, arrhythmia and tachycardia.
- Violation of hemostasis and hematopoiesis, which is accompanied by leukopenia, increased bleeding of the mucous membranes and pancytopenia.
- Aseptic meningitis develops rarely.
In order to avoid developing adverse reactions after the use of Trental, you should not use the drug in case if you have contraindications.
There should be no therapy during massive bleeding, acute myocardial infarction, hemorrhagic stroke. Absolute contraindications are pregnancy, lactation and hemorrhage in the region of the retina.
In case of arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, and uncontrolled arterial hypotension, the intravenous use of the drug is not allowed.
The treatment with Trental is not allowed to persons under the age of 18 years. The drug can cause serious adverse reactions and disruption of the internal body systems and organs.