Viread is an antiviral drug of systematic action.
The active substance is Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Its direct impact on the viruses is carried out through the depression of reverse transcriptase activity. The drug must be prescribed by the specialists from the relevant fields to the patients, infected with the human immunodeficiency virus– 1 (HIV – 1). According to the specialist opinions, Viread is effective in treatment of chronic viral hepatitis in adults.
- Treatment of HIV -1 infection in adults in combination with the anti-retroviral drugs.
- Treatment of HIV -1 infection in children from 12 to 18 years old with the resistance to the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, or toxicity, excluding the possibility of using the first-line anti-retroviral drugs.
The treatment of chronic hepatitis В in children, accompanied by:
- Compensated liver disease, signs of active viral replication, constant elevated activity of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in the blood serum and histologically proven active inflammatory process and/or fibrosis
- Proven resistance of Hepatitis B to lamivudine
- Decompensated liver disease
The treatment of chronic Hepatitis В in children from 12 to 18 years old, suffering from:
- Compensated liver disease with the signs of active inflammatory process and active viral replication, confirmed by the constant elevated activity of ALT in the blood serum and histologically proven active inflammatory process and/or fibrosis.
- Children under the age of 18
- Patients with liver failure and creatinine clearance