The German Government DAAD Scholarships provide an opportunity for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries, across all disciplines and with a minimum of two years of professional experience. This opportunity allows recipients to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university. In exceptional cases, it also enables them to pursue a doctoral degree, facilitating the attainment of a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
German Government DAAD Scholarships Overview:
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Destination: Europe
- Scholarship Types: Postgraduate | Masters | PhD
- Open to: All Countries
- Funding: Full Scholarship, Accommodation, 1,200 Euros Monthly Stipend, Airfare Allowance
- Deadline: Varies By Courses
- Alerts: For Scholarship updates on WhatsApp, click HERE.
Summary of German Government DAAD Scholarships:
Through its postgraduate study programs focused on development, the DAAD fosters the education of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations. Locally trained experts, well-connected with international collaborators, significantly contribute to the sustainable development of their countries. They serve as a crucial assurance for a brighter future marked by reduced poverty, increased education, and improved health for all.
The DAAD Scholarship offers opportunities for the following fields of study:
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education, and Law
- Media Studies
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for 2024 German Government DAAD Scholarships:
To qualify for the German Government DAAD Scholarship in 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Employed by a public authority, state, or private company in a developing country, involved in planning and executing directives and projects with a focus on development policies related to technological, economic, or social areas.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (typically four years) in a relevant subject.
- Hold an academic degree with results significantly above average (upper third) and have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience post the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- Academic degrees should generally not be more than six years old.
- Applicants residing in Germany for more than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Benefits of German Government DAAD Scholarships:
The German Government DAAD Scholarships offer the following benefits:
- Monthly payments of 934 euros for graduate students and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, depending on the academic level.
- Contributions towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are already covered by the home country or another funding source.
Required Documents for 2024 German Government DAAD Scholarships:
To complete the application, candidates must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed checklist.
- DAAD application “Application for a research/study scholarship” (ensure answers are typed or easily readable).
- Curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order, without unexplained gaps. Please use the Europass template, providing precise information about your studies and practical experience.
- One Letter of Motivation, explicitly referencing academic, professional, and personal reasons for applying to the program.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) showcasing a minimum of two years of relevant work experience post-Bachelor’s degree up to the application time. If possible, include a guarantee of re-employment from the current employer upon returning home. The certificate from the current employer should ideally guarantee re-employment after returning to the home country.
Recent proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of higher education degree certificates.
- Copy of the full set of transcripts of records.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are requested to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.